It's so hot today that I've done 2 unspeakable things: actually purchased some A&W root beer (I never consume such "soft drinks"), and have given up all possibility of doing the fortnightly house cleaning today. I'd rather live in filth for another week.
So I got tagged for this Facebook meme... I'd hate to post there, so here it is and if you are so inclined to join in, go ahead and post in your blog (or FB)!
List 25 albums that had such a profound effect on you they changed your life or the way you looked at it. They sucked you in and took you over for days, weeks, months, years. These are the albums that you can use to identify time, places, people, emotions. These are the albums that no matter what they were thought of musically shaped your world. When you finish, tag 15 others, including me. Make sure you copy and paste this part so they know the drill. Get the idea now? Good. Tag, you're it!
The challenge: do this in fifteen minutes; as if nobody is judging your answers...
In no particular order:
1. Pretty Hate Machine - Nine Inch Nails
2. The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails
3. The Fragile - Nine Inch Nails
4. Year Zero - Nine Inch Nails
5. Blood Sugar Sex Magik - Red Hot Chili Peppers
6. Dog Man Star - Suede
7. Coming Up - Suede
8. Appetite For Destruction - Guns n Roses
9. Use Your Illusion (both, more I though) - Guns n Roses
10. Dr Feelgood - Mötley Crüe
11. Pump - Aerosmith
12. Metallica (a.k.a. the black one) - Metallica
13. Rattle and Hum - U2
14. The Joshua Tree - U2
15. Absolution - Muse
16. Shake Your Money Maker - The Black Crowes
17. To The Faithful Departed - The Cranberries
18. Pornograffitti - Extreme
19. Badmotorfinger - Soundgarden
20. Hopes And Fears - Keane
21. River - Jia Peng Fang
22. R O M A N - Jia Peng Fang
23. Insieme A Te - Alessandro Safina
24. Sognami - Alessandro Safina
25. Greatest Hits - INXS
I do not normally have the patience to listen to entire albums but these are ones that have been significant in one way or another, even though they were mostly quite mainstream. I can strongly "identify time, places, people, emotions" or, speaking of sucking me in, I still reach for some of these and play them over and over even though they belong in some other decade. OK OK, I live in the past.